For media enquiries
News, information and images
The 2016 Sydney New Year’ Eve TV broadcast partner is the ABC and the official radio partner is 2Day FM.
The City of Sydney can provide images and a video feed but, as with previous years, no access or accreditation will be arranged for other media.
Media organisations will need to make their own arrangements with the land owner of the vantage point from which they wish to film.
Find out more about fireworks vantage points and their relevant land owners.
The City will be hosting 4 media events through December and on New Year’s Day:
- Sydney New Year’s Eve media launch on Monday 12 December.
- Fireworks countdown on Thursday 29 December.
- The New Year’s Eve media call on Saturday 31 December.
- New Year’s Day media call on Sunday 1 January.
More information will be available nearer the time of these media events. The City will be issuing a range of media releases and images which will be available on Sydney Media.
Latest New Year’s Eve updates
- Welcoming new homes for rough sleepers
- Freshly refurnished social housing units will be available to more people sleeping rough thanks to a joint initiative from Habitat for Humanity Australia, NSW...
- Kids have designs on making a big NYE bang!
- A Design Your Own Firework competition will put one lucky child centre stage at the world’s most spectacular fireworks display, when they see their very own...