for the official #SydNYE newsletter
Bradfield Park designated accessible viewing area
Reserved for people with disability to enjoy with their family and friends.
North Sydney Council hosts this free, family-friendly, alcohol and glass-free area. Bookings are required.
Milsons Point Wharf is adjacent to Bradfield Park and offers great views of the Sydney NYE fireworks.
- Accessible toilets.
- Accessible for wheelchair users.
- Onsite security and first aid.
- BYO food and non-alcoholic drinks. No glass, knives, tripods or selfie sticks.
- Food for sale nearby in Bradfield Park (not accessible). You may bring your own food and drinks but glass and alcohol is prohibited.
- Some shade available. Bring a hat, sunscreen, rain jacket or umbrella
- No seating. Fold-up chairs permitted.
- Steep gradients from entry to viewing area.
- No standing in viewing area.
- Concrete surface.
- Adequate lighting.
Enter at the corner of Alfred Street South and Dind Street.
The designated accessible viewing area at Milsons Point Wharf is located 350 metres from the entry point.
Access to the viewing area will be available between 4.30pm and 8pm – arriving before 7pm is recommended.
The area will close at 12.45am.
The ‘Designated accessible viewing area’ has now reached capacity. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list.
Only registered guests can enter the accessible viewing area at any time. Ticket allocation is limited to five people per booking.
Public transport is the best way to get around on New Year’s Eve.
Milsons Point Train Station is the closest station and located approximately 600m from the designated accessible viewing area.
The accessible lift and entry/exit point for Milsons Point Train Station is located via Alfred Street South (western side of Milsons Point Train Station)
To plan your trip, visit transportnsw.info or call 131 500.
Driving is not recommended
Extensive road closures and clearways are in place around the city on NYE. See livetraffic.com.au for details.
There is no dedicated accessible event parking. Many of the accessible parking spaces in this area are unavailable due to road closures and special event clearways.