Nielsen Park offers views of Sydney Harbour and the fireworks displays.
This is a small site.
- Accessible toilets.
- Onsite security and first aid.
- No glass or alcohol.
- Minimal shade and subject to breezes. Bring a hat, sunscreen, and raincoat or umbrella.
- Slightly obstructed view.
- No seating available. Picnic rugs and fold-up chairs recommended.
- Moderate to steep slopes.
- Mostly grass areas with some sealed pathways.
- Good lighting.
The gates open at 5.30pm.
The viewing area is approximately 300 metres from gate.
Tickets have now sold out.
Visit the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service for details.
Public transport is the best way to get around on New Year’s Eve.
From the city, catch the 325 bus from York Street Stand A behind the QVB. Alight at Vaucluse Road, near Greycliffe Avenue, Vaucluse. It is 300 metres to the site from the bus stop.
Driving is not recommended and there is no parking available.