All aboard for NYE
Your best bet for travelling to the celebrations.
Public transport is the go for New Year’s Eve. With more than 4500 extra services on the night, catching a bus, train or ferry is a no-brainer.
6 top tips for public transport on New Year’s Eve
Here you’ll find the basic info to help you plan, but make sure you visit Transport Info for the most up-to-date advice.
- Bus stops may change
- With major road closures on the night, your bus may not stop in its usual spot. Check out Transport Info to find out if this affects you.
- There will be more than 4500 extra services on the night
- Extra trains and buses will run to make sure you arrive at your destination with ease. Check Transport Info to plan your journey.
- Circular Quay station will operate a little differently
- During peak travel times, Circular Quay will be pick-up only, and temporarily stop operating early in the evening. Transport Info will confirm times closer to the date. If you’re heading to the harbour, you can walk from Wynyard or any other city station.
- Ferries won’t run during the fireworks
- Some wharves may close early in the evening, and services will be running close to capacity. After the midnight fireworks, extra ferries will run on some routes, but a train or a bus is always your best bet for the event.
- Travelling home later is a good option
- Stay out past your bedtime and have a smoother journey home? Win. Leaving a little later will help you avoid the crowd, but make sure you plan your journey at Transport Info.
- Get real-time info on social media and the app store
- Follow Transport Info on Facebook or Twitter for up-to-the-minute information on the night, and stay connected with a real-time transport app.