NYE and beyond
Sydney welcomes visitors from all over Australia and the world throughout the year, but there’s an extra special something in the air for New Year’s Eve.
Where to stay
You’ll need a prepaid Opal card to use Sydney’s buses, trains and ferries. Transport Info has all the details about where to buy and top-up your Opal, as well as the latest timetables and routes.
The main attractions
Bondi Beach is known for its perfect golden sands, great surf and proximity to excellent cafes, restaurants and nightlife. The area is well serviced by public transport and buses are clearly marked, departing from the city or Bondi Junction.
Taronga Zoo is one of Sydney’s favourite spots to get close to the animals, with a population of around 4,000 native and foreign creatures. It is open 365 days a year and minutes away from the city by ferry. Admission includes daily shows and zoo keeper presentations.
BridgeClimb Sydney will take you on the climb of your life across the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Beyond city limits
While you’re here, go beyond the city limits and hike the stunning Blue Mountains or pitch a tent in Byron Bay. Visit NSW has all the info to help you plan your trip.
Looking for more?
- Download the free Sydney Culture Walks app – the ideal companion for discovering the city on foot.
- See the city on two wheels – here are our tips for Sydney by bike.
- Find kid-friendly things to do in Sydney.
- Become an expert with our guide to Sydney’s secret spots.
- On a budget? See free things to do in Sydney.